Natural sugar substitutes also called “artificial sweeteners” or “non-caloric sweeteners” are plant-based substances that are used to enhance the flavor of food or beverage products. It offers a similar flavor and texture as conventional sugar but contains fewer calories and is considered a healthier alternative to sugar. Several pre-existing natural sugar substitutes such as honey, maple syrup, and others can be added to food for sweetening the products. According to Ken Research Analysis, the Global Natural Sugar Substitute Market was valued at US$ 2 billion in 2017. It is estimated to be US$ 3 billion in 2022 and is expected to reach a market size of US$ 4 billion by 2028, owing to increasing consumer preference for low-calorie or zero-calorie food and beverage products coupled with a change in eating and drinking pattern to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Surging demand for less-calorie natural sugar substitutes to maintain calorie intake and decrease the risk of health problems related to sugar including diabetes, obesity, metabolic disorders, and others is anticipated to propel the growth of the Global Natural Sugar Substitute Market.
- The increasing focus of consumers on good health and wellness and the rising adoption of healthy and natural products that offer health benefits is likely to boost the demand for natural sugar substitutes among consumers. The rising awareness regarding the negative health impact of sugar along with the increasing prevalence of diabetes, obesity, and other health problems related to calorie imbalance is expected to boost the demand for natural sugar substitutes and is anticipated to augment the growth of the Global Natural Sugar Substitute Market.
The Global Natural Sugar Substitute Market faces challenges due to the stringent regulations laid by the government on natural sugar substitute products’ quality, packaging, and others.
- The difficulty in adherence to international quality standards for natural sugar substitute products along with the fluctuating prices of raw materials of sugar substitutes may hinder the growth of the market.
COVID-19 negatively impacted the Natural Sugar Substitute Market due to the movement restrictions imposed during the lockdown which has disrupted the entire supply chain. The manufacturing process, import, and export of the products or raw materials, distribution process, and others were disrupted badly. However, in the second phase, the demand for natural sugar substitutes increased due to the change in lifestyle and eating patterns and the increased focus of consumers on health and wellness along with the rising adoption of healthy or low-calorie products.Key Trends by Market SegmentBy Product Type: The stevia segment held the largest share of the Global Natural Sugar Substitute Market in 2021, owing to its low-calorie, sugar-free, and zero glycemic index content.
- The wide usage of stevia as a low-calorie or sugar-free substitute for conventional sugar in the beverage industry to manufacture diet coke, energy drinks, flavored drinks, fruit juices, and other beverages is likely to aid the growth of the segment in the Global Natural Sugar Substitute Market.
By Composition Type: High-intensity sweetener segment held the largest share of the Global Natural Sugar Substitute Market in 2021, attributed to the increasing demand for low-calorie ingredients that are used in smaller amounts to enhance the flavor as well as to sweeten the food or beverage products.High-intensity sweeteners are approved by FDA and are considered safe for general consumption. The rising demand for high-intensity sweeteners like saccharine, aspartame, sucralose, and others among bakery, food, beverage, and other manufacturers to produce low-calorie products with enhanced taste and by using small ingredients in small quantities is likely to boost the growth of the segment in the market.
By Form: The solid segment held the largest share of the Global Natural Sugar Substitute Market in 2021, due to its easy usage, ease of transportation, packaging, stability, longer shelf-life, and other functional benefits.
- The wide application of solid-form sweeteners as a coating and bulking agent in bakery, confectionery, and other food and beverage applications is anticipated to boost the demand for the segment in the market. Moreover, solid sweeteners are easy to use owing it their physical properties which will further propel the growth of the Global Natural Sugar Substitute Market.
Request For Free Sample Report @ https://www.kenresearch.com/sample-report.php?Frmdetails=NTk2MDk0By End User: The beverage segment held the largest share of the Global Natural Sugar Substitute Market in 2021, owing to the increasing preference for low-calorie or zero-calorie, and reduced-sugar drinks among consumers.
- The surging demand for the natural sugar substitute among beverage manufacturers to produce sugar-free or low-calorie beverage products including energy drinks, fruit juices, flavored drinks, ready-to-drink teas, diet carbonated drinks, and others to fulfill the demand for health-conscious and calorie-conscious consumers, which is expected to propel the growth of the segment in the market.
By Geography: North America region accounted for the largest share of the Global Natural Sugar Substitute Market in 2021, owing to the rising prevalence of lifestyle disorders such as diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular diseases, and others.
- The rising demand for low-calorie food products among North American consumers coupled with an increased inclination towards healthy food products to lead a healthy lifestyle is likely to increase the demand for the product in the region. Moreover, rising awareness regarding the harmful health impact of overconsumption of sugar and the benefits of natural sugar substitutes among consumers has encouraged consumers to opt for natural sugar substitutes, which is expected to augment the growth of the region in the Natural Sugar Substitute Market.
Competitive LandscapeThe Natural Sugar Substitute Market is highly competitive with ~300 players that include globally diversified players, regional players as well as a large number of country-niche players having their niche in Natural Sugar Substitute.Country-niche players comprise ~65% of the total number of competitors, while the regional players comprise the second highest of the total number of competitors. Some of the major players in the market include Tate &Lyle, Ingredion, Cargill Incorporated, ADM, JK Sucralose Inc., DuPont, Roquette, Ajinomoto Co., Inc, Real Stevia, and NutraSweet Natural among others.Request For Free Sample Report @ https://www.kenresearch.com/sample-report.php?Frmdetails=NTk2MDk0The leading global Natural Sugar Substitute companies such as Tate &Lyle, Ingredion, and Cargill Incorporated are highly focused on gaining investment for the research and development of new Natural Sugar Substitute products and on the production of slaughter-free meat products.
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Snapshot of the Global Natural Sugar Substitute MarketIndustry Value Chain and Ecosystem Analysis of the Natural Sugar Substitute MarketMarket size and Segmentation of the Global Natural Sugar Substitute MarketHistoric Growth of the Overall Global Natural Sugar Substitute Market and SegmentsCompetition Scenario of the Natural Sugar Substitute Market and Key Developments of CompetitorsPorter’s 5 Forces Analysis of the Global Natural Sugar Substitute IndustryOverview, Product Offerings, and Strategic Developments of Key CompetitorsCOVID-19 Impact on the Overall Global Natural Sugar Substitute MarketFuture Market Forecast and Growth Rates of the Global Natural Sugar Substitute Market and by SegmentsMarket Size of Application/End-User Segments with historical CAGR and Future ForecastsAnalysis of the Natural Sugar Substitute Market in Major RegionsMajor Production / Consumption Hubs in the Major RegionsMajor Production/Supply and Consumption/Demand Hubs in Each RegionMajor Country-wise Historic and Future Market Growth Rates of the Total Natural Sugar Substitute Market and SegmentsOverview of Notable Emerging Competitor Companies within Each Major Region
Major Companies Mentioned in the Report
- Tate &LyleIngredionCargill, IncorporatedADMJK Sucralose Inc.DuPontRoquetteAjinomoto Co., IncReal SteviaNutraSweet Natural
Notable Emerging Companies Mentioned in the Report
- Sugar 2.0FooditiveHeyloSAGANAXilinat
Key Target Audience – Organizations and Entities Who Can Benefit by Subscribing This Report
- Natural Sugar Substitute ManufacturersArtificial Sweeteners ManufacturesFood & Beverages CompaniesNutritional Food CompaniesProcessed Food ManufacturersHealth Supplement ManufacturersPharmaceutical ManufacturersResearch & Consulting FirmsResearch and Development AssociationsInvestment Banking & Financial InstitutesResearch & Development Institutes for Natural Sugar Substitute SectorSugar Substitute ProvidersSugar Substitute ResearcherNatural Sugar Substitute SuppliersInvestors in Artificial Sweeteners Start-upsNatural Sugar Substitute DistributorsFunctional Beverages ManufacturersSugar Substitute Packaging ServicesPackaging Equipment ManufacturersGovernment & Food Safety RegulationsInvestors in Natural Sugar Substitute Companies
Time Period Captured in the Report:-
- Historical Period: 2017-2021Forecast Period: 2022E-2028F
For more insights on the market intelligence, refer to the link below:-Global Natural Sugar Substitute Market