Diverse Global Players Dominate the Market Holding the Majority Revenue Share Despite Presence of ~250 Competitors Comprising a Large Number of Country-Niche Players and Regional Players, finds a recent market study on Global Surface Disinfectant Market by Ken Research
A surface disinfectant is a synthetic substance used to treat or sanitize the microorganism present on the surfaces such as walls, tabletops, floors, etc. Surface disinfectants help in reducing or eliminating the presence of pathogens, minimizing the risk of spreading bacteria along with maintaining hygiene. Ken Research shares 3 key insights on the competitive landscape of this dynamic market from its latest research study.
Global Players that constitute about 10% of the Total Number of Competitors Hold the Largest Revenue Share While Regional Companies Also Have a Strong Presence
A comprehensive competitive analysis conducted during the Research Study found that the Global Surface Disinfectant market is highly competitive with ~250 players which include globally diversified players, regional players as well as country-niche players having their own niche in surface disinfectant products for specific segments. The large global players comprise about 10% in terms of the number of companies and hold the majority of the market revenue share followed by regional players. Most of the country-niche players are local suppliers of disinfectant products and sell their products in small shops or by direct selling method. Some of these who successfully evolve to capture some markets often get acquired by large global players seeking to grow and diversify quickly.
Leading Global Players’ Ongoing Efforts To Provide Advanced Surface Disinfectant Product To A Variety of End-users Are Driving Their Revenue Growth From This Market
Detailed comparative analysis of key competitors available within the Research Study shows that global players such as Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC, SC Johnson Professional, Procter and Gamble, are highly focused on providing a significant number of surface disinfectant products that can be used across multiple end-user industries like hospital & Clinics, household, commercial facilities, educational institutions, etc. Furthermore, several companies and organizations are aggressively investing in R&D to improve product quality, introduce more products in spray form, and introduce biobased surface disinfectants.
- In March 2021, BASF signed a partnership agreement with Allied Carbon Solutions Co., Ltd. (ACS) Japan to strengthen its global position in bio-based surfactants and actives.
- In April 2021, Unilever partnered with LanzaTech and India Glycols to produce a surfactant made from industrial carbon emissions instead of fossil fuels.
The Ongoing COVID-19 Led to A Significant Increase in Demand for Surface Disinfectant Products Across the Globe. Even After the Pandemic Major Players are Developing and Launching New Products to Maintain their Market Share
In February 2021, P&G launched Microban 24, the new disinfectant brand in the UK, the product range offers protection against bacteria in homes, not only initially killing 99.9% of bacteria and select viruses, including COVID-19 virus and flu virus, but continuing to kill bacteria for up to 24 hours, even after multiple touches. In April 2020, ITC launched its product Savlon Surface Disinfectant Spray which claims that spray kills 99.99% of germs around the home, including viruses, bacteria, molds & fungi.
Increased Regulations of Regulatory Bodies and Governments to Maintain Hygiene for Covid-19 and Major Players’ Interest in Surface Disinfectant Market Led to Industry-Wide Developments, Acquisitions, And Deal-Wins
- On 31st March 2022, World Health Organization (WHO) updated its regulation regarding non-healthcare settings like sodium hypochlorite may be used at a recommended concentration of 0.1% or 1,000ppm. Alcohol at 70-90% can also be used for surface disinfection.
- Since the Pandemic Health Canada has published a list of hard-surface disinfectants that are likely to be effective for use against (COVID-19). This list is updated regularly.
- In March 2020, Chimcoplex received approval from the Ministry of Health, Romania, for the production of 1.25% sodium hypochlorite. This is further expected to support the surface disinfectant manufacturers for production and thus drive the growth of the market segment.
For More Information, refer to below link:-
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications