Driven by Rising Demand from the Automotive Sector to Support Growth in Electric Vehicle Market and Favorable Policies of European Union as a Sustainability Measure, the Battery Recycling Market in Europe is forecasted to cross US$3.4 Bn by 2027 says Ken Research Study.
Battery recycling is the technique of reusing and reprocessing batteries with the goal of minimizing the number of batteries disposed away as material waste. The discarded batteries and accumulators that a recycling plant receives begin the recycling process after being collected, sorted, or prepared for recycling. When output fractions are created, used for their intended purpose or for other reasons, without requiring further processing, and are no longer considered waste, the process is complete.
The augmenting demand from industries has boosted the production process of batteries which has in turn posed pressure on raw material production at an advanced rate. It is directly affecting the ratio proportion of the ability to produce raw materials like lithium to the demand for the same. This has focused the attention on recycling processes to meet up with the rise of battery requirements in industries.
According to Ken Research estimates, the Europe Battery Recycling Sector – which grew from around US$ 10 Mn in 2017 to nearly US$ 430 Mn in 2021 – is expected to grow further into a more than US$ 3,400 Mn opportunity by 2027. Ken Research shares 5 key insights on this high opportunity market from its latest research study.
1. Rapid Growth of Electric Vehicles Combined with Steady Growth of Other Automotive Segments to Propel the Demand for Recycled Batteries
According to the International Council on Clean Transportation, the European electric vehicle (EV) market experienced remarkable growth in 2020, posting a 143% increase in sales of passenger electric cars from 2019. The sales in 2020 made Europe the biggest EV market globally, surpassing China and the US. Although sales of all new cars in Europe decreased by 20%, the increase in EV sales boosted the EV share to 11%. Both battery electric vehicles (BEV) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) have jumped into the air, not only in terms of market share but also in overall terms. In Germany, sales of PHEV vehicles from January to June increased from 47,584 in 2019 to 93,848 in 2020. Similar trends were observed across other countries in Europe. The market is forecast to cross US$ 3,406.9 Mn by 2027 from US$ ~431.3 Mn in 2021, witnessing a CAGR of ~156.7% during this period.
2. Europe Holds a Prominent Position in the Global Battery Recycling Market Owing to the Increase in Battery Recyclers in Each Country of the Region Due to EU’s Regulations and Supporting Schemes.
The European Union’s plan for smart, inclusive, and sustainable growth is called the “Europe 2020 Strategy.” When it comes to waste reduction, eco-design, eco-innovation, and the repurposing of raw materials, the commission actively supports firms. Thus, this is encouraging the demand for recycled batteries.
Request for Sample Report@ https://bit.ly/3SzVS8L
The 2006 Batteries Directive would be replaced by the proposed rule, which would cover batteries and waste batteries and regulate the full battery lifetime. It would set forth enforceable sustainability standards (such as carbon footprint guidelines, minimum recycled content requirements, performance and durability standards), safety and labelling standards for the marketing and use of batteries, and end-of-life management standards.
Additionally, it would require economic actors who source raw materials to do due diligence. The proposed legislation might serve as a model for additional efforts under the EU’s sustainable product policy that are intended to make sustainable products the standard.
3. Risk of Harmful Gases Released in the Battery Recycling Process is limiting the Growth Prospects of the Market
Due to the production, assembly, and recycling of automotive lithium-ion batteries used in hybrid electric, plug-in hybrid electric, and battery electric vehicles (BEV) that use LiMn2O4 cathode material causes environmental burdens like greenhouse emissions, energy consumption, etc.). The extraction of recycled material like LiMn2O4, copper, and aluminum through recycling methods like hydrometallurgical, direct physical recycling leads to release of harmful emissions which is negatively impacting the market.
4. Automotive Batteries Dominate the Market in Terms of Source, Owning Significant Share of the Revenue and the Segment is Likely to retain its Dominance Even during Forecast Period.
Among the source segments, automotive batteries remained dominant segment during 2017-2021 period contributing significant market revenue share. Further the Research Study found that this segment is likely to retain dominance even by 2027. New business models being introduced in the automotive sector like connectivity services, feature upgrades, etc., has boosted up the sales of motor vehicles in the region and is also impacting the competition. Recycled batteries like lithium-ion batteries are a cost-effective option to be installed which can benefit in pricing of these motors, therefore, promoting recycling of batteries from automotive sector. Automotive batteries source segment also holds the highest growth rate in comparison to other sources of used batteries.
5. Few Diverse Global Players Dominate the Market Holding about Half of the Market Revenue Share despite Presence of the over 100 Competitors.
The Europe battery recycling industry is highly fragmented in nature with over 100 participants comprising global players (having presence in 2 or more continents), regional players (having presence in multiple countries within Europe) and Country-Niche Players (presence limited to just 1 country or focused on very niche segment presence in the value chain). Most of Country-Niche players in battery recycling often get acquired by large global players seeking to grow & diversify quickly.
Request for Sample Report@ https://bit.ly/3SzVS8L
However, the Research study found that the market is distributed among global as well as regional players and a significant number of these players are headquartered within European region, enabling its strong production and consumption balance.
Key Topics Covered in the Report: –
- Snapshot of Europe Battery Recycling Market
- Industry Value Chain and Ecosystem Analysis
- Market size and Segmentation of Europe Battery Recycling Market
- Historic Growth of Overall Europe Battery Recycling Market and Segments
- Competition Scenario of the Market and Key Developments of Competitors
- Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis of Europe Battery Recycling Industry
- Overview, Product Offerings, and SWOT Analysis of Key Competitors
- Covid 19 Impact on the Overall Europe Battery Recycling Market
- Future Market Forecast and Growth Rates of the Total Europe Battery Recycling Market and by Segments
- Market Size of Source / End-User Segments with Historical CAGR and Future Forecasts
- Analysis of Battery Recycling Market in Major European Countries
- Major Production / Consumption Hubs in the Major European Countries
- Major Production/Supply and Consumption/Demand Hubs in Each Major Country
- Major Country-wise Historic and Future Market Growth Rates of the Total Market and Segments
- Overview of Notable Emerging Competitor Companies within Each Major Country
Major Companies Profiled in the Report: –
- Accurec Recycling GmbH
- Volkswagen Group
- BASF Battery Materials and Recycling
- REDUX Recycling GmbH
- Saft Groupe SA
- Stena Recycling
Notable Emerging Companies Mentioned in the Report
- Primobius GmbH
- Saperatec GmbH
- Portable Battery Recycling Limited
- STC Srl
- Sovema Group
Time Period Captured in the Report
- Historical Period: 2017-2021
- Forecast Period: 2022-2027F
Key Target Audience – Organizations and Entities Who Can Benefit by Subscribing This Report
- Battery Recycling Companies
- Recycled Battery Providers
- Recycled Battery Manufacturers
- Recycled Battery Suppliers
- Electric Vehicle Manufacturers
- Battery Cell Manufacturers
- Battery Raw Material Producers
- Battery Waste Managers and Recyclers
- Waste Batteries Collectors
- Waste Batteries Aggregators
- Waste Batteries Treatment Service Companies
- Waste Batteries Transport Companies
- Waste Batteries Logistics Companies
- Waste Batteries Supply Chain Solution Providers
- Battery Allied Industries
- Renewable Energy Companies
- Electric Vehicle Battery Suppliers
- Electric Vehicle Battery Manufacturers
- Automotive Industry Associations
- Environment Control and Emission Regulatory Organizations
- Potential Investors in Electric Vehicle Companies
For More Information on the Research Report, refer to below links: –
Contact Us: –
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications