June 2022 | UAE News
EV Landscape in UAE
The UAE Electric Vehicle market is currently in its early stage and witnessed certain growth during the period 2017-2021 owing to the Electric Vehicle (EV) Green Charger initiative undertaken by the government of UAE. There has been an increased and integrated usage of the Battery based electric vehicles into the industrial perspective of operations.
Various initiatives and programs across the UAE are encouraging these shifts towards Green Mobility because the transportation sector plays a vital role in decreasing the carbon footprint. Incentives offered by the government, banks, and car dealers, has also led to the growth in the UAE’s imports of EVs and increased environmental awareness among citizens. About 29% of UAE residents would consider buying an electric vehicle to contribute to narrowing emissions. A similar percentage believe that EVs offer much better value for money in the longer run than conventional cars running on petrol or diesel.
Currently, the competition in the EV Charging Space in UAE is monopolistic in nature, with the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) spearheading the installation and operation of EV Charging infrastructure in Dubai, which has the majority of EV chargers in the UAE. Although it has not been explicitly conveyed that the private sector would take the lead in operating EV charging infrastructure once it becomes commercially viable through large scale EV adoption, it is expected to do so due to past observed patterns in this sector in multiple countries. Competition is expected to increase in the coming years due to the aforementioned reasons.
The “Green Charger” initiative launched by the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority to provide charging stations for electric vehicles in various parts of Dubai supports the emirate’s efforts to provide innovative and environmentally friendly solutions through its contribution to reducing carbon emissions from the transportation sector and supporting the Dubai Green Mobility Strategy 2030.
Consequently the popularity of EVs in the UAE has grown significantly. Incentives offered by the government, banks and car dealers, has also led to the growth in the UAE’s imports of EVs and increased environmental awareness among citizens.
As part of Dubai Electricity and Water Authority’s (DEWA) efforts to promote green and sustainable mobility in Dubai, over 325 Green Charger stations with more than 530 charging points have been installed across Dubai so far.
The publication titled ‘UAE Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Market Outlook to 2026: Driven by government support and incentives with the increasing focus to achieve green and sustainable economy’ covers the overview of EV Charging Equipment Industry by analyzing historical EV Charging statistics and corresponding change in Middle Affluent Class in UAE. Charging Equipment Industry grew at a CAGR of 41.9%during 2017 and 2021.
The report also focuses on UAE EV Charging Equipment Industry segmentation by Type of Charging, Type of Chargers, Type of Vehicle, Type of Geography, and By Sales Channels. The EV Charging section of the report concludes with projections for the future of the industry included forecasted total EV Charging Equipment revenue by 2026, and analysts’ take on the future highlighting major opportunities.
Key Segments Covered in UAE EV Charging Equipment Industry
- EV Charging Market Size by
- Revenue through new car sales
- Revenue through demand of chargers by type of charging stations
- UAE EV Charging Equipment Industry By
- Type of Chargers- AC and DC chargers
- Type of Charging- Home Charging, Private Charging, and Public Charging
- Type of Vehicle- 2W and 4W
- Geographic Demand- Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Fujairah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah
- Sales Channels- Direct Sales, Online, and Dealers/ Distributors
- Domestic Manufacture and Import
- Product Analysis
- 4W Chargers
- Pricing Analysis
- 4W Chargers pricing
- 2W Chargers pricing
- Key Target Audience
- Electricity Supplier
- EV Manufacturers
- EV Charging Equipment Manufacturers
- EV Charging System Operator
- Demand side Transport Operators
- Government Bodies
Request for Free Sample Report @ https://www.kenresearch.com/sample-report.php?Frmdetails=NTYyNzkz
- Time Period Captured in the Report:
- Historical Period: 2017-2021
- Forecast Period: 2022-2026F
- EV Charging Equipment Players in UAE
- Schneider Electric
- Yinlong Energy
- Eaton UAE
- Grizzl E
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Overview of EV Market and EV Charging Equipment Market in UAE
- Ecosystem of EV Charging Equipment Market in UAE
- Market Size of EV Charging Equipment Market in UAE (Total EV Charging Equipment Revenue)
- UAE EV Charging Equipment Market Segmentation (By Type of Charging, Type of Chargers, Type of Vehicle, Type of Geography, By Sales Channels)
- Cross comparison of top players in the EV Charging Equipment Market in UAE
- Company Profiles of EV Charger Manufacturers (Overview, Products, Business Streams, Manufacturing Capabilities, Distribution Channels, Recent Projects, Cost Structure, and Awards and Recognitions)
- Growth Drivers and Challenges to UAE EV Charging Equipment Industry
- SWOT Analysis of EV Market
- Porters Five Forces of the EV Industry in UAE
- Rules and Regulations by Government Bodies
- Case Study (DEWA, EESL, Alfen)
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications