Analysts at Ken Research in their latest publication “Israel Plastic Pipe and Fitting Market Outlook to 2023 – By Type of Pipe (UPVC, CPVC and PVC, PE, PP and Others); By Type of End User Application (Irrigation, Water Supply and Sewage, Plumbing, Chemical and Oil and Gas and Others) and By Market Structure (Organized and Unorganized)” believe that investing in latest technologies, improving value added services, stricter credit policies, increased use in oil and gas sector, setting achievable sustainable goals and investing in research and development in recycling techniques will help the manufacturers to gain a foothold in the market.In 2017, around 24 thousand new dwellings were sold in Israel. This led to high demand of PVC and CPVC pipes. Development of real estate for commercial and industrial use further augmented the demand for high value plastic pipes.
Growth of the Gas Sector: Natural gas is the primary source of energy in Israel. The gas industry has grown at very fast pace in the last few years. The growth of gas industry is fueled by successful exploration of offshore gas reserves like Tamar gas field and Leviathan gas field in the last few years. This has resulted in many infrastructure projects in the industry leading to increase in demand for plastic pipes and fittings.
Current Scope of Plastic Pipe and Fittings in Gas Industry in Israel:
The country has three gas fields in operation as of December 2018. These gas fields are Noa North, Mari-B and Tamar. Plastic pipes are generally used in distribution and transmission process in oil and gas industry. Polyethylene pipes are the most common types of pipes used to transport gas. Out of these, HDPE pipes are the most common type of PE pipes used in this segment. The plastic pipe used to transport natural gas should strictly follow standards of safety and reliability. In Israel, plastic pipes are rarely used in transmission system where fluids are transmitted at high pressure due to low durability. Super NG Natural Gas Distribution Company was one of the earliest users of polyethylene pipes in distribution systems. The company used this type of pipe in a 100 kilometer long distribution pipeline.
Future Scenario: The penetration of plastic pipe and fittings in the gas industry is expected to increase as the consumer perception about the benefits of plastic pipes changes in the future due to advancement of technology and increase in awareness of the product’s improved properties. This will be complemented with the growth of gas industry in Israel. The government of Israel is encouraging foreign investments in the oil and gas sector. In 2018, they gave a contract for oil and gas exploration to a consortium of Indian oil and gas companies. Investments like these will lead to growth of oil and gas sector in Israel which will in turn have a positive impact on the demand for plastic pipe and fittings from the oil and gas companies. The oil pipelines are expected to go through the relining process in the future as the leakage problems persist across the pipelines in Israel. This is expected to lead to high demand for plastic pipes and fittings especially of HDPE type.
Key Segments Covered
- Market Segmentation
- By Type of Pipe (UPVC, CPVC and PVC, PE, PP and Others)
- By Type of End User Application (Irrigation, Water Supply and Sewage, Plumbing, Chemical and Oil and Gas and Others)
- By Market Structure (Organized and Unorganized)
- By Domestic Manufacturing and Imported
- Huliot Piping System
- Hameshavek Trading and Engineering ltd
- Bambi Plast
- Alonim M.M. S Ltd
- Ramallah Plastic Pipe Co.
- Palad HY Industries ltd.
- S. PLAST
- Avrot Industries Ltd
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Introduction on Israel Plastic Pipe and Fitting Market
- Value Chain
- Market Size by Revenue (2013-2018)
- Plastic Pipe and Fitting Market Segmentation by Type of Pipe, by Type of End User Application, by Type of Market Structure.
- SWOT Analysis for Israel Plastic Pipe and Fitting Market
- Competition Scenario in the Industry
- Company Profiles of Major Players in the Market
- Growth Drivers, Trends and Developments in the plastic pipe and fitting Market
- Issues and Challenges in the Israel Plastic Pipe and Fitting Market
- Pricing Scenario in the Industry
- Future Outlook for the Market (2018-2022) Including Estimated Market Size in Terms of Revenue and Market Segmentation by Type of Pipes, by type of end user application and by Market Structure
To know more, click on the link below:
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications