The report titled ‘Latin America Mining Market Outlook to 2017- New Mining Projects to Foster the Future Growth‘ provides a comprehensive analysis of the various aspects such as market size, segmentation, trends and developments and future projections of the mining market of major countries in Latin America. The mining market of Latin America is majorly comprised of minerals such as gold, silver, copper, iron ore, tin, bauxite, lead and niobium which are produced in Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Peru and in Venezuela. The report provides the market share and company profiles of major players in the major segments.
A strong demand for metals has led to the growth and expansion of the mining industry in Latin America. The demand of metals especially copper, bauxite, zinc, molybdenum, gold and silver have increased sizably over the years in Latin America. The region is one of the leading producers of iron ore, copper, niobium, lithium and rhenium in the world. Latin America has rich mineral reserves and has attracted many mining companies from across the world which has contributed significantly to the growth of the mining sector in the region. A surge in the demand of minerals has driven extensive mineral exploration activities in the region. In Brazil, USD 500 million was invested in 2011 on mineral exploration by the mining companies.
Latin America is comprised of mineral rich countries which are the leading producers of minerals in the world. For instance, Brazil in 2012 was the leading producer of niobium globally. The country was also the second largest producer of iron ore in 2012. The total iron production by the country in 2012 amounted to 415 million tons. Chile is one of the principal mining countries in Latin America and was ranked first as the producer of copper globally in 2011 and accounted for about 32.0% of the world’s mine production in 2011. Mexico has rich reserves for precious metals such as gold and silver. The country is one of the leading producers of silver in the world. The major silver producing mines in Mexico are Fresnillo, Saucito, San Dimas mine, Sabinas and Tizapa mine. The total production of minerals from the mining industry of the region in 2012 was recorded to be ~ million metric tons in 2012 which has grown from 490.6 million tons in 2007. The overall mining market of Latin America has grown at a CAGR of 3.5% during 2007-2012. The principal minerals that are produced from the mines in Latin America included copper, gold, silver, iron ore and zinc.
In order to increase the mineral reserves and resources and to meet the demand for metals by various sectors such as automobile, electronics and construction, the mining companies in Latin America are engaged in new mining and expansion projects. Many new projects are under development stage in various countries in Latin America such as Brazil, Mexico, Chile and in Argentina. Furthermore, in Mexico, about 288 foreign companies invested in ~ projects in 2011. Gold and silver accounted for about 504 projects of the total ~ projects. The demand for precious metals fuelled by an increase in the disposable incomes of the people over the past few years has driven the mining market for gold and silver in Latin America.
The mining market of Latin America has witnessed increased focus of the mining companies on mineral exploration, development of new projects and on expansion projects in order to increase the production of minerals. This industry has provided numerous minerals such as iron ore, copper, zinc, molybdenum, lead, tin, bauxite, gold and silver intended for the application in various sectors such as construction, automobile, electrical, steel industry, packaging industry and chemical industries. Moreover, high growth in the investments in mineral exploration has also been witnessed in the mining industry of the region. It is estimated that the total production from the mining industry of Latin America will reach 801.3 million tons by 2017 and will grow at a CAGR of 5.3% from 2012 to 2017.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- Latin America mining market size.
- The country wise segmentation of mining industry of Latin America.
- The market size, future outlook and projections of the mining industry of Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Mexico
- The market segmentation by the type of minerals for the mining market of Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Mexico.
- The market size, future outlook and projections of the mining industry of Brazil for iron ore, bauxite, copper, niobium, lead, tin and gold mining market.
- The market size, future outlook and projections of the mining industry of Argentina for copper, lithium, silver and gold mining market.
- The market size, future outlook and projections of the mining industry of Chile for copper, molybdenum, zinc, gold and rhenium mining market.
- The market size, future outlook and projections of the mining industry of Mexico for zinc, copper, molybdenum, silver and gold mining market.
- Snapshots for market size and segmentation for the mining market of other major countries: Colombia, Peru and Venezuela.
- Trends and developments of mining industry of Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Mexico
- Market share of major players in Latin America mining market
- Profiles of major players in Latin America mining market
- Future outlook and projections of Latin America Mining market.