The report titled ‘Thailand Alcoholic Beverages Market Outlook to 2018 – Changing Consumer Preferences towards Spirits to Impel Growth’ presents a comprehensive analysis of the alcoholic beverages aspects including market size of alcoholic beverages market in Thailand by revenue along with the market segmentation by different types of products such as beer, spirits, wine and others, by regional consumption, by on-trade and off-trade channels. The report also entails a detailed description on the recent trends and developments in the market, growth drivers and competitive scenario of major players in the alcoholic beverages market.
The alcoholic beverages market in Thailand is an important market as the country has significant alcohol consumption per capita. The growth in the Thailand Alcoholic Beverages Market has been largely impelled by the augmenting demand for premium quality alcoholic beverages and changing consumer preferences. Increasing demand for alcoholic beverages, as contributed by the factors such as high population growth, rising disposable incomes and molasses production in Thailand is anticipated to further stimulate the country’s overall alcoholic beverages market in the following years.
A higher demand of alcoholic beverages especially an increased trend in the sales of spirits has been observed amongst people of Thailand. The increase in the spirits has been observed on account of factors such as increase in the taxes of beer and other fermented alcoholic beverages. The beer market has been increasing gradually mainly due to extensive marketing strategies and escalating exports in the country.
The market size of the alcoholic beverages in Thailand increased from USD ~ million in 2008 to USD ~ million in 2013 with a CAGR of 7%. The Thailand Alcoholic Beverages Market registered sales revenue of USD ~ million in 2013, increasing from the previous year at a rate of 4.4%. Thailand alcoholic beverages market, which has been growing at a CAGR of ~ in terms of revenue over the period 2008-2013, is expected to perform reasonably well in the coming years on account of significant rise in the demand for premium quality alcoholic beverages and increasing income of Thai population.
Beer has lost its dominance to spirits in the Thailand Alcoholic Beverages Market with a market share of ~% in 2013. Spirits market made a contribution of USD ~ million in 2013 which increased from USD ~ million in 2008 at CAGR of ~%. The industry has been traditionally dominated by the organized sector in terms of revenue generated. Thai Beverages Plc., Boon Rawd Brewery Co. Ltd., Thai Asia Pacific Brewery, Pernod Ricard and Diageo Moet Hennessey are the leading players in the Thailand Alcoholic Beverage Market.
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- The market size of Thailand alcoholic beverages market in terms of revenue
- Thailand alcoholic beverages market segmentation by type of alcoholic beverages covering beer, spirits, wine and others.
- Thailand alcoholic beverages market segmentation by regional consumption; by on-trade and off-trade channels.
- Consumer profile in the Thailand alcoholic beverage market.
- Export and Import Trade in Thailand Alcoholic Beverages Market
- Trends and development in the Thailand alcoholic beverage market.
- SWOT analysis and Porter’s five forces analysis in the Thailand Alcoholic Beverages Market.
- Government regulations and growth drivers in Thailand alcoholic beverages market
- Competitive landscape and consumer profile of major alcoholic beverages players in Thailand.
- Future outlook and projections of alcoholic beverages market in Thailand.
- Macro economic variables of Thailand Alcoholic Beverages Market.